Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sunday(!), January 16, 2011

Supibrot is going international this week! We are about a week behind in lunch posts - to be caught up next week sometime - but in the meantime, we'll have to see what the subject gets himself into in the hills of Switzerland (quite a lot I imagine, since the last international trip involved eating a horse and I just ate in a restaurant with calf's head, beef kidney's and something else I didn't want to get involved in).

In the meantime, here is a rather well done guest Supibrot! all the way from Australia:

"Adventures in Australian cuisine: Breakfast. Prior to arriving in Australia, the one thing I knew about Australian cuisine was that they love their Vegemite. I had heard mixed field reports on the subject from my fellow Americans. I decided to investigate myself.


It turns out you can not just put Vegemite on bread and expect it to taste ok. I tried this method. I do not recommend it. *shudder*


With the offending corner of bread removed, we can proceed. First, toast the bread. Wheat or white will do (this was actually multigrain). Next, use a lot of butter.

Once the butter is appropriately spread, move to the Vegemite. The ratio of butter to Vegemite is crucial for your success here. I would estimate at least 50:1? I always was a sloppy scientist, I guess I should have more accurately determined the amount required.

The end result.



Yum! Imagine heavily buttered bread with a little extra salt, and a Vitamin-B kick. Bonzer! (That means good, I think.)"
And there you have it folks. This appears to be more of an advertisement for the miraculous powers of butter than anything else, but at least all Supibrot! readers now know what they need to do if ever faced with a jar of Vegemite. *shudder*

No comments:

Post a Comment